Pennington Mills, Jones Falls, Baltimore, View Up Stream by Framcis Guy
Francis Guy, American (1753-1820)
Pennington Mills, Jones Falls, Baltimore, View Upstream

c. 1804, Oil on Canvas
Private Bequest, MSA SC 4680-10-0028

This landscape view painted by Guy is thought to be the Taggert House and Mr. Pennington's mills from the new bridge over the Jones Falls. It was painted by English-born artist Francis Guy, who took up residence in Baltimore around 1798 and remained there until 1817.




This web site is presented for reference purposes under the doctrine of fair use. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: The site may contain material from other sources which may be under copyright. Rights assessment, and full originating source citation, is the responsibility of the user.


Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website!


[ Archives' Home Page  ||  Maryland Manual On-Line  ||  Reference & Research
||  Search the Archives   ||  Education & Outreach  ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]

Governor     General Assembly    Judiciary     Maryland.Gov

Copyright November 13, 2001 Maryland State Archives