ALLEGANY COUNTY, MARYLAND

EXECUTIVE BRANCH

PUBLIC WORKS

ORIGIN & FUNCTIONS


DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS

In Allegany County, the Department of Public Works is responsible for public water and public sewer lines, wastewater treatment plants, county- owned roads and bridges. It also maintains all County-owned buildings and properties, and directs recycling and solid waste activities, and public transportation services.

The Department oversees four divisions: Engineering, Roads, Transit, and Utilities. Also, under the Department are the Geographic Information Services Office, and the Recycling Office.

RECYCLING OFFICE


LAVALE SANITARY COMMISSION

LaVale Sanitary Commission was established by the Board of County Commissioners in 1947 to provide public water and sewer services to residents and businesses of LaVale, Maryland (County Code, secs. 127-1 through 127-40).

Appointed by the Board of County Commissioners to 6-year terms, the Commission consists of five members (County Code, secs. 127-1).

Maryland Constitutional Offices & Agencies
Maryland Departments
Maryland Independent Agencies
Maryland Executive Commissions, Committees, Task Forces, & Advisory Boards
Maryland Universities & Colleges
Maryland Counties
Maryland Municipalities
Maryland at a Glance


Maryland Manual On-Line

Search the Manual
e-mail: mdmanual@mdarchives.state.md.us


This web site is presented for reference purposes under the doctrine of fair use. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: The site may contain material from other sources which may be under copyright. Rights assessment, and full originating source citation, is the responsibility of the user.


Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website!


[ Archives' Home Page  ||  Maryland Manual On-Line  ||  Reference & Research
||  Search the Archives   ||  Education & Outreach  ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]

Governor     General Assembly    Judiciary     Maryland.Gov

Copyright April 16, 2021 Maryland State Archives